Do you want to know how to remove the CM launcher from your phone? This post will explain all the methods of accomplishing this feat to you.
There are hundreds of 3rd party launchers available on the Play Store. In fact, you can also download 3rd-party launchers from outside of Play Store as well. Among them, one of the popular launchers was the CM launcher. You cannot find it in the Play Store nowadays. But you can download it from other websites. A
Anyway, you might want to uninstall the launcher from your phone. Now, it is possible to uninstall any launchers including the CM launcher with ease. But many people don’t know the exact way to do so. In order to help you with that, we have written this article. Here we will be sharing the method of removing the CM launcher from your phone.
So, let’s cut to the chase…
Tutorial on How Do I Remove CM Launcher from My Phone
Removing an app from your android phone is pretty simple. You will just need to uninstall the app and you are done. There are a few methods of uninstalling an app. And in this section, we will share all of the effective ways you can remove the CM launcher from your android phone. So here we go…
Method #1 Uninstall CM Launcher
In the first method, we will show you how to uninstall the CM launcher the easiest way. Here are the steps…
Steps to Follow
- First of all, go to the App drawer on your phone, where you will find the list of the apps on your phone
- Next, scroll until you find the CM launcher app’s logo
- Now, tap and hold on the CM launcher logo until an overlay menu or icon appear over the logo
- Typically, you will find either an ‘Uninstall’ button or ‘X’ icon over the CM launcher logo
- Then, you can tap on the ‘Uninstall’ button or ‘X’ icon from the screen
- Next, you will see a prompt to confirm your choice. So tap on the ‘Uninstall’ button
- And the CM launcher will be uninstalled in an instant
For most android phones, this method should work. However, if your app drawer is locked, then you will not be able to uninstall any app this way. Rather, you must unlock the app drawer in the first place. Then you can follow the steps above.
Also, for some android phones, just pressing and holding on to the app logo will not bring out the uninstall button. Rather, you will have to go to the app drawer first. Then, swipe your finger from the left edge of the screen to right across the screen.
Then a few options will appear. From there select the ‘Uninstall’ button. And then you will be able to choose the app you want to uninstall from the app drawer. So if the above-mentioned steps don’t work for you, then you should try this method.
Method #2 Uninstall from the App Settings
Another way to install an app on your android phone is from the App settings. In this method, we will talk about this.
Steps to Follow
- First of all, navigate to the ‘Settings’ menu of your phone
- Next, go to the ‘Apps’ or ‘Applications’ option from there
- For some phones, you will have to tap on the ‘Apps’ option once again. But for others, you can skip this step
- Next, you should find all the names of the apps that are installed on your phone on the next page. For some phone, you might have to tap on the ‘Show all apps’ option
- Now, scroll down and tap on the name of the CM launcher from the list
- Next, you will need to tap on the ‘Uninstall’ button on that page
- At this point, you will see a popup asking about the confirmation of uninstalling the app. So tap on the ‘Uninstall’ or ‘OK’, or ‘Confirm’ button
- Then CM launcher will be uninstalled
In this method, you should be able to uninstall any type of app including launchers. Also, you can check the app information as well. Depending on the model of your phone, a few steps of this method might slightly be different. But you should understand that and be able to follow the method of uninstalling the CM launcher from your phone.
Method #3 Clear All Defaults
You can set the CM launcher as the default launcher. That way, the CM launcher will be used as your primary launcher all the time. The default launcher given by your phone brand will be replaced by a CM launcher from that moment.
However, the problem is that you will not be able to uninstall a launcher that is set as the default one. First, you will have to clear the default launcher settings. Only after that, you will be able to uninstall the launcher app. In this method, we will show you how to ‘clear default’ and then how to remove the CM launcher from your phone easily. So here we go…
Steps to Follow
- First of all, go to the Settings app on your phone
- Then go to the ‘Apps’ or ‘Applications’ option (depends on the phone model)
- After that, you will see a list of all the installed apps on your phone
- So scroll down and tap on the name of the CM launcher
- Next, you will find an option like ‘Open by Default’ or ‘Set as Default’ under the app info page. So, tap on that option
- Now, you will see another button named ‘Clear Defaults’ and tap on it
- At that moment, the CM launcher will be removed as the default launcher
- So, now you will be able to uninstall it
- To do so, go back on the App info page, and tap on the ‘Uninstall’ button
- Next, you have to confirm by tapping the ‘Confirm’ or ‘Uninstall’, or ‘OK’ button
- You can also follow Method #1 of uninstalling the CM launcher
To do that, you will only need to go to the App Drawer. Then you should tap and hold on to the CM launcher logo for a few seconds. After that, simply tap on the ‘Uninstall’ or the ‘X’ icon. Then finally, you need to confirm the uninstallation by tapping on the ‘Confirm’ or ‘Uninstall’, or ‘OK’ button on the popup.
If you have read the post above, you should be able to uninstall the CM launcher from your phone. A 3rd-party launcher is a very easy way to give your android smartphone a fresh look. You can download and install any launchers from the Play Store. And you can use them on your phone right away. However, you will not use the same launcher forever.
So you might want to remove some launchers from you sometimes. In this post, we have shared multiple methods of removing the CM launcher from your android smartphone. As a matter of fact, by following these methods, you will be able to uninstall any other launchers as well.
So if you have found this post helpful, then you can share this with others. And, if you have any further questions or suggestions, you can let us know in the comments section!