Do you know how to lower volume on Google Home Mini? If you don’t know that then we have good news for you. Fortunately, there are multiple ways to control the volume level of Google Home Mini. And in this post, we will be outlining all of those methods in a step by step manner.
So, without further ado, let’s get to it…
Remarks: Here, we will be describing several ways of adjusting the volume on the Google Home Mini. However, depending on the software and hardware version, all of these methods might not work for your specific Google Home Mini speaker. Nevertheless, you can try all of them and find out the method that works for you.
Methods of Lowering Volume on Google Home Mini
Method #1 Using Touch Gestures
You can easily change the volume level on your Google Home Mini using touch gestures. It is because the top of the Google Home Mini is touch-sensitive. However, you should keep in mind that using gestures, you can only adjust the volume level of media playback.
So, if you are playing a song or any other media files on the speaker, you can lower the volume using the gesture controls. On the other hand, if you want to tweak the volume of timers or alarms, you will have to use the Google Home app for that. Nevertheless, here are some handy tips to control Google Home Mini with touch gestures.
- If you are on a phone call, simply long-press on either side of the speaker top to hang up the call
- Similarly, you can also play or pause music by long pressing either side of the speaker
- If you want to increase the volume, you can tap on the right side of the speaker
- Conversely, you have to tap on the left side of the speaker to lower the volume
- To stop an alarm or timer, you should tap on either side of the speaker once
To be noted, the USB power cable should be at the top side or the opposite side of yours while you are performing these touch gestures. That way you will know which side is the left side or which side is the right side. With each tap, the volume will change by a 10 percent increment.
However, if your current level of volume is not at tens, for instance, at 16%, then the volume level will be changed to the closest tens. So, if the volume level is at 16 percent, it will go to either to 20% or 10% upon increasing or decreasing the volume level.
Method #2 If You are Casting Music Wirelessly
If you are casting or streaming music from your smartphone or any other device to the Google Home Mini, you might want to lower the volume of that as well. In that case, it is very easy to change the volume level. The easiest way is to lower the volume directly on the source device. So, if you were casting the music from your smartphone, you can decrease the volume on your phone. That way, the volume will also decrease in the Google Home Mini.
Method #3 Lower Volume on Google Home Mini Using Voice Commands
Now that you know how to change the volume on Google Home Mini by touch gestures, you will now learn how to do that using voice commands. But before we begin, we have some important information to disclose.
That is the Google Home Mini understands 2 scales of volume adjustment commands such as 0 to 10 and 0 to 100 percent. You should already know how to dictate Google Home Mini using voice commands already. For your convenience, we will be sharing some examples down below.
- To set the volume to 20%, say: Hey Google, set the volume to 20 percent
- Or you can say: OK Google, set the volume to 20 percent
If you want to mute the volume, then say: Hey Google, set the volume to 0 percent. On the opposite, you can set the volume to the max by saying Hey Google, set the volume to 100 percent. If you want more control over changing the volume level, then you should use the percentage command.
However, as we have said, you can also change the volume on a scale of 0 to 10. So, if you want to turn down the volume level completely, you can say: OK Google, set the volume to 0. Or, if you want to set the volume to 80%, you can say, Hey Google, set the volume to 8. Similarly, for full volume, you have to say, Hey Google, set the volume to 10. In this case, you don’t add the word ‘Percent’ after the command.
There are other several voice commands Google Home Mini understands. For instance…
- To mute, say: OK Google, mute; or say: Hey Google, Volume minimum
- To set the volume to max, say: OK Google, set volume to the max; or say: Hey Google, Volume full
- To set the volume to 50 percent, say: Hey Google, set volume to half; or say: Hey Google, Volume half
That is how you control the volume level on the Google Home Mini via voice commands.
Method #4 Tweak the Volume on Google Home Mini using the Google Home App
If you use the Google Home app and it is connected via Wi-Fi to the Google Home Mini, then you will be able to use this method. However, if you are not playing any media via the Google Home Mini speaker, you will not be able to adjust the volume this way. So, here is the procedure of changing the volume on Google Home Mini.
Steps to Follow
- Launch the Google Home app on your smartphone
- Now, tap on the ‘Hamburger’ icon from the top left corner of the screen to bring the menu
- Next, tap on the ‘Devices’ option from the left sidebar menu
- In doing so, you will find a list of all the Google Home devices connected to the same Wi-Fi network
- You might have to scroll down a bit to find the Google Home Mini speaker from the list of the devices
- Now, if you are playing or streaming something on the Google Home Mini, you will see a ‘volume’ icon under the name of the device. It will be at the lower right corner of the screen. If you don’t see that ‘volume’ icon, that means you are not playing anything over the speaker. So, start playing something and the icon will appear
- Then click on the ‘volume’ icon, it will take you to the volume control screen. Here you will find a volume slider button
- You can tap and drag the volume slider button to either side to increase or decrease the volume. You can see the volume level is changing on the volume control screen. At the same time, you will also hear it on the Google Home Mini speaker. So, adjust the volume as you want
If you were having a hard time lowering the volume on Google Home Mini, we hope this post will help you find a solution for that. In this post, we have tried to share multiple methods of adjusting the volume level on the Google Home Mini.
Also, we have tried to keep the tutorials as simple as possible. So we hope it was not hard to understand. Based on the version of the app and the hardware, the processes mentioned above might work or not. However, we believe, one or the other option will work for you. In that case, you should try all of the methods above.
And don’t forget to share the method that worked for you in the comments section below! That way, you are helping the other readers.