Do you frequently use Periscope? Or are you a new user of this popular app? While video streaming, if the viewers are commenting on your video, the chat section will cover your video. So, you might need to hide or remove the chat to enjoy the broadcast comfortably.
But how do you hide chat in Periscope on the computer? In this post, we will be trying to answer this question. But, before we get there, we will talk about Periscope and its availability on the computer a bit.
So, let’s cut the chase…
How To Hide Chat On Periscope On Computer? What is Periscope?
You should already know that Periscope is a live streaming app from Twitter. However, Twitter actually didn’t make this app. Rather, Twitter bought the app from the main developers for multi-million dollars even before the app was officially released.
Right now, this is one of the most popular live streaming video related applications all over the world. With Periscope, you can stream anything right from your smartphone. And, people all over the world can view your broadcast in real-time.
Is Periscope Available on Computer?
Periscope was released as a smartphone application since the beginning. At first, it was only available on iOS. That means you would only be able to install it on your iPhone, or iPad. However, later, with the huge success of this application in the Apple App Store, Twitter released this app on Android as well. So, right now, you can use this app on your Android smartphone as well.
But is it available for using in Windows or Mac? Unfortunately, there is no app on Windows or Mac of Periscope. However, luckily, you can use Periscope on your PC in a different way. In this case, you will have to use the web version of Periscope. In this version, you can directly watch your favorite streams from the browser of your PC. For that, you can go to the official page of the Periscope web. And, start to watch your favorite stream.
How To Hide Chat on Periscope Web on Computer?
Hiding chat on Periscope on computer is very easy. Here’s how…
- Go to Periscope Web and start to watch your preferred video stream
- Now, to hide the chat, click on the ‘Hide Chat’ button that looks like a ‘comment/letter’ icon from the bottom right corner of the screen
- In doing so, the chat box will hide automatically
- And, if you want to show the chat box again, simply click on the ‘Show Chat’ that is the same button to bring out the chat box on the right sidebar of the screen
- If you want to go full screen, you can click on the ‘Full screen’ icon from the bottom menu bar
- And, to return to the default view, you can press the ‘ESC’ key on your keyboard or click on the same button that is the ‘Full screen’ button
- You can also report a video if you have issues with it. In order to do that, you have to click on the ‘3 horizontal dots’ icon from the bottom menu bar
- In doing so, a pop-up menu will appear. Simply, click on the ‘Report’ option from there and follow the onscreen instructions
- Interestingly, you can also activate the theater mode from there. Simple, click on the ‘Theater Mode’ option from the pop-up menu and it will be activated
- If you want to watch the next random live streaming, you can click on the big blue arrow icon on the right side of the screen. It will automatically take you to the next live streaming
How to Hide Chat on Periscope in iOS and Android?
If you are using Periscope on your smartphone, then the above-mentioned tips will not work. So, here are the steps you should follow to hide chat on Periscope mobile app.
If you are Live Streaming
- Open the Periscope app on your mobile device
- Now, start to broadcast as you would normally do
- If the viewers of the stream have started to comment, then the comments will start to appear on the bottom of the screen
- Now, tap on the ‘Viewers’ icon that looks like a ‘head’ from the bottom right corner of the screen
- Then, you will be able to see the list of the viewers that are watching your broadcast
- If you look at the top of this ‘Viewers’ list box, you will find an option named ‘Hide Chat’. To hide the chat box, you have to tap on the ‘Hide Chat’ button
- From now on, you will be able to watch the video with the disturbance of the chat streams
If you are Watching a Live Stream
- Launch the Periscope app on your smartphone
- And, start to watch a live stream
- Now, tap on the ‘3 horizontal dots’ next to the chat box and then tap on the ‘Hide Chat’ option from there
- This way, the chat box will disappear from the screen
Here, we have provided a few methods on how to hide the chat on Periscope. However, you should remember that the Periscope app gets updated regularly. So, these methods might not work on the latest version of the apps if Twitter changes the features and settings options. But at the time of writing this post, all of these methods work just fine.
How To Use Periscope Web?
As we have said earlier, you can browse the official webpage of Periscope to watch your favorite live broadcasts or replays from your computer browser. For the best experience of using Periscope Web, here are some tips for you…
- You must have Flash installed on your PC to watch Periscope videos on your PC browser
- If you have already installed Flash on your PC, yet you are facing issues watching Periscope videos, then you might have not enabled Flash. So, you should fix that first
- It is better to log in to your account to find your favorite channels and streamers fast
- If you don’t have a Periscope account, you can easily sign up for one. In this process, you can use your Twitter, Google, Facebook id, or phone number to create a new Periscope account
- Some shortcuts while watching Periscope videos on PC. To mute/unmute the video, press the ‘M’ key on your keyboard. Pressing the ‘H’ key will enable ‘Theater Mode’. And, pressing the ‘P’ key on your keyboard will reveal the sidebar
In this post, we have tried to share the methods of hiding the chat box on Periscope. In the process, we have shared multiple methods of accomplishing that. If you have followed the steps above, you will be able to hide chat in Periscope without any problems. And, we hope this post will help you to learn a few new tricks regarding Periscope.
So, do you have any new tips and tricks about Periscope? If so, why don’t you share them in the comments section below!